Monday 20 October 2014

A love affair...




So, I'm going to start this blog with telling you all about my greatest love. A consuming, tempestuous affair that began when I was just a child. It sunk its claws into me, caught me in its web and spun me to places I had only dreamt of. Made me become the type of person I did not believe I could be. But had always longed to be.

I am talking about my adoration of travel. I firmly believe that I was born to explore the world, have adventures and challenge myself. Although it can be very hard at times, no more so than when I return to my home country poor, with extreme post travel blues and the realisation that I no longer fit in anywhere. A lot of my friends are now settled down and I'm not going to lie, but sometimes I wonder if I should too. But deep down I know that wouldn't make me happy. I think of all the things I have learnt, the experiences I have had and the person that I have become and know that it was all worth it. I would do it all over again in a heartbeat. Even though at times I thought to myself I was making a huge mistake, and sometimes it felt so hard and all I wanted was to go home. The good far, far outweighs the bad.


The reason I want to start this blog is to connect with like minded people. To show that, if travel is one of your dreams, then you can do it too. If I, someone who when growing up was very shy, awkward and sadly didn't believe in myself can do it, then anyone can.
I want this to be somewhere that anybody who is thinking of going out there alone, or with friends and seeing the world, can get advice and share travel stories.

You can live your dreams and become the person you wish to be. You just have to go for it and be prepared to work for it.

Life is an adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment